Saturday, December 15, 2012

Siriraj Hospital Pharmacy: Saturday, 15 December 2013

Needed some medication so took the opportunity to motorcycle to the Siriraj Hospital Pharmacy shops. There are several shops outside the Siriraj Hospital that act as wholesale pharmacies. Their drug prices are significantly lower than those found in local pharmacies. In fact, while shopping I came across many people who seemed to be bulk buying for resale in their own businesses.

I left reasonably early but the sun was out and it was becoming quite hot. While riding I was thinking that perhaps a better pastime could be sitting on the beach enjoying the sun, sand and sea. Then I remembered a photograph my son had sent to me from London a couple of days before. It was a picture of a temperature sign outside a London shop - it read -0.9 degree centigrade. I then reasoned it was preferable to be biking in Thailand, even if hot and having to travel through Bangkok Saturday morning traffic.

Route and statistics as follows:
Route Sathon to Siriraj Hospital
Route statistics from Garmin GPS watch
I'm not too sure how I burnt 539 calories but perhaps that was due to the stress of riding through Bangkok traffic! Whilst only averaging 23.9 km/h, I am sure this was substantially more than could be achieved in car or bus.

After Siriraj Hospital, I rode to K-Village, Rama IV for some shopping. As below:
K-Village, Rama IV - Sukhumvit Soi 26
A motorcycle is a great form of transport and hugely convenient. But, today, I would have enjoyed an air conditioner!

No comments:

Post a Comment